Jul 14 2012
Gingery Broccoli!! I love this!!
• dash of olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp. flax meal (I put walnuts in a food processor, “walnut meal”)
• 2 tsp. ground ginger (or freshly grated)
• 2 tsp. ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. red pepper (I use cayenne red pepper, cut the dose in HALF… whoa!!)
• 1/4 to 1/2 C. chicken broth
• 2 c. broccoli, cut into flowerets
In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, flax meal, ginger and peppers with 1/4 c. broth.
Add broccoli to pan, plus a dash of olive oil. Pour the liquid ingredients on top and
toss to coat. Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender. Taste it, and add extra lemon juice if necessary,to taste.